Justin Barrett's Bird-a-Thon page
On May 10 and 11 teams from all over Massachusetts will compete to identify the most species of birds in a 24 hour period.
This year, I am participating in Bird-a-thon because I believe in the importance of protecting the nature of Massachusetts for people and wildlife. I support Mass Audubon’s efforts to protect and steward the environment of Massachusetts through conservation, education, and advocacy.
Please join me in supporting Mass Audubon South Shore Sanctuaries by making a donation through my personal fundraising page.
Just some of the great work South Shore Sanctuaries provides:
- Steward almost 2,200 acres across the South Shore
- Sanctuaries visited by over 4,000 people annually
- Recent special projects:
- Construction & installation of Barn Swallow Blinds at DWWS with a goal of increasing nesting #’s and success rates by decreasing disturbance
- Pollinator habitat created in field at NRiver that includes many native plant species that will provide nectar & pollen through the season
- Increasing school programming – now in 11 South Shore communities, working with over 3,000 students this past school year, up from 2,700 student in the 2017-18 school year
This year I am trying to raise $150 and see 100+ birds!