Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
Wellfleet's Team Page
On May 11-12, Wellfleet's team of dedicated birders and supporters will participate in Mass Audubon’s annual Bird-a-thon fundraiser.
The centerpiece of Bird-a-thon is a 24-hour birding competition where we will vie with other Mass Audubon sanctuaries to see which one can identify the most species of birds. Bird-a-thon serves as a reminder of the variety and abundance of wildlife that surrounds us.
Wellfleet Bay celebrates its 60th Anniversary in 2018. During our 60th Anniversary year, we seek to ensure the sustainability of our conservation and education programs. Over the last decade, thanks in part to generous Bird-a-thon donors, we have expanded our citizen science programs and our educational outreach. We hope you will help us sustain these important programs this year by donating to Bird-a-thon.
Here are some of the amazing things The Wellfleet Bay staff and volunteers accomplish, with your support:
- Our sanctuary is just that: a peaceful place to walk, explore, breathe deeply, observe, and immerse yourself in nature.
- We turn kids on to nature. Through our day camps and classroom programs, we make science engaging, meaningful, and FUN for kids.
- We protect biodiversity. We rescue sea turtles; monitor horseshoe crabs and eels; protect nesting Diamondback Terrapins; and track migration data at our Bird Banding Station.
- We educate and entertain families, children, and adults through our public programs, special events, nature walks, and film and lecture series.
- We protect the environment for future generations through our collaboration with other conservation organizations on Cape Cod and beyond.
Your contributions to Bird-a-thon help keep conservation and educational outreach programs like these going -- programs that benefit adults, children, families, AND wildlife. Our team goal is $15,000. Please help us reach our goal and support this important work by making a donation in any amount to a member of the Wellfleet Bay Bird-a-thon Team.
WE THANK YOU!