Berkshire Wildlife Sanctuaries
Berkshire Wildlife Sanctuaries Team Page
Make a difference in the Berkshires. Support our Berkshire County team.
Please note, to make a per species pledge, contact Stephanie Bergman at email@example.com
From May 15-16, nature heroes from all over Massachusetts will focus on nature by participating in Mass Audubon’s annual Bird-a-thon fundraiser. Due to COVID-19, this will be the organization’s first Bird-at-home-a-thon, which will be carbon-free, safety-focused, and family-friendly!
Teams representing different Mass Audubon sanctuaries and programs will come together to collectively identify as many species of birds in a 24-hour period and also complete other fun, nature-based activities from their home. Bird-a-thon serves as a reminder of the variety and abundance of wildlife that make the Berkshires so special and our responsibility to protect their habitat.
Bird-a-thon is also a critical fundraiser for the Berkshire Wildlife Sanctuaries. All funds raised in the Berkshires, stays in the Berkshires.
Help Educate and Inspire Action in the Berkshires
A gift to Bird-A-Thon is an investment in our work to educate the community about the environment and inspire action to protect the natural world. Your gift supports:
- connecting students in our in-school Berkshire Environmental Literacy program to their local ecosystem and inspiring a lifelong passion for protection of the natural world
- free bird walks throughout Berkshire County
- local interns and volunteers in important citizen science projects in the Berkshires, including monitoring nest boxes and conducting grassland bird counts
- conservation, maintainance, and enhancement of native plants and wildlife habitat across the 3400 acres managed by the Berkshire Wildlife Sanctuaries
Gifts of all sizes make a difference!
And due to the stimulus package of the CARES Act, giving up to $300 during 2020 can be tax-deductible even if you take the standard deduction. Giving to work you believe in today could lower your taxes next year.
How You Can Make a Difference: Be a Booster
The biggest impact you can make during Bird-a-thon is to be a Booster for the Berkshire team. As a Booster you use your personal network to connect new people to Berkshire Wildlife Sanctuaries and our important work in Berkshire County. Ask your friends and family to support a mission that you believe in. Boosters can have any size goal, even $25 helps. Common goals are $100 (5 gifts of $20) or $500 (10 gifts of $50).
Why be a Booster? You can make a real difference. You will have a positive and direct impact on increasing our work in the Berkshires. Plus there are bonuses:
- Raise $100 – receive a Bird-a-thon t-shirt
- Raise $250 – get an invitation to an exclusive small group birding experience with Zach Adams, Berkshire Wildlife Sanctuaries’ birder extraordinaire
- Raise $500 – get a private birding experience with Zach Adams, Berkshire Wildlife Sanctuaries’ birder extraordinaire
You can also simply give a gift to the team. Donations of $5, $10, $100 or $500 all support our work in Berkshire County.