Toolkits & Posters
Sample Social Media Posts
We’re so excited that you’re joining us for this year’s Bird-a-thon fundraiser!
To help get you started, we’ve provided some examples and templates to help you to share your passion, fundraise, and advocate for the birds and nature of Massachusetts. The below text contains a framework perfect for sharing on your news feed.
You can connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Be sure to tag #mabirdathon, @massaudubon and the wildlife sanctuaries you visit, we’d love to see your big day!
Where applicable, please link to your team’s donation page, or Mass Audubon’s Bird-a-thon webpage..
1. "I registered for Bird-a-thon!"
- I'm birding for a cause May 12-13, and just joined [X’s] Team for @massaudubon’s Bird-a-thon fundraiser. We'll be competing to raise important funds for Mass Audubon and see the most bird species in 24 hours. Join our team to bird with me or show your support through a donation. #mabirdathon [+ Link]
- II'm excited to be birding for the birds on May 12-13, where I'll compete to raise important funds for @massaudubon's Bird-a-thon and see the most species in 24 hours . My target species this year is [X]. #mabirdathon [+ Link]
- I just joined the X Team for @massaudubon's Bird-a-thon, May 12-13! I nominate [@nominee1, @nominee2, and @nominee3] to join me in the annual fundraiser and birding competition. #mabirdathon [+ Link]
2. "I'm fundraising for Bird-a-thon!"
- There are so many reasons to advocate for birds. I'm fundraising and birding for @massaudubon's Bird-a-thon because […]. Please consider donating today. #mabirdathon [+ Link]
- Birds provide essential ecological value in the wild and in our hearts. By supporting organizations like @massaudubon, we can protect them for future generations. I’ve pledged to raise [$], please consider helping by donating to our team today. [+ Link]
- I’m fundraising and birding for @massaudubon's Bird-a-thon again this year! Last year I saw [x] birds and raised [$x], can you help me beat my fundraising goal this year.
- I nominate [@nominee1, @nominee2, and @nominee3] to donate to my [X] team in @massaudubon’s Bird-a-thon fundraiser. [+ Link]
3. Thank you for supporting Bird-a-thon! (after the event)
- The [X] Bird-a-thon Team raised [X] and I raised [X]! Thank you so much to everyone that donated. These critical funds will help @massaudubon in their mission to protect the nature of Massachusetts through nature conservation, education, and advocacy.
- The [X] Bird-a-thon Team saw [X] species! The highlight of the day was […]. Thanks to all who supported us and donated to help @massaudubon protect the nature of Massachusetts!
- Thanks for all of your support during @massaudubon’s Bird-a-thon! We saw [X] species in 24 hours and raised $[X] as a team. I earned a ______ badge for ______ !"
- Young Birder: anyone under 18 who raises $200+
- Feathered Friend: anyone who raises $125+
- High Flyer: anyone who raises $500+
- Mighty Migrant: anyone who raises $1,000+
- Eagle Eye: anyone who raises $2,500+
- Winged Warrior: anyone who raises $5,000
Social Media Resources for Your Story
Use these templates for your social media stories, adding text, progress, and tagging friends and @massadubon!